Friday, July 22, 2011

Here's to Hope

I guess there are some things in life I won't ever understand. And that's all there is to it. I just wish at times it could be a little more simple.


 One thing I know though is that worrying and unhappiness get me no where. That is why I love the talk, The Infinite Power of Hope, by Elder Uchtdorf. 


He describes his mother as such: I know with certainty: her faith overcame her fear, and her hope overcame her despair. She was not a woman who would sit and bemoan tragedy. She moved. She put her faith and hope into action.


I want to be known as a woman like her. 


He goes on to mention: Hope is not knowledge,  but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us. It is confidence that if we live according to God’s laws and the words of His prophets now, we will receive desired blessings in the future.  It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance.


My New Goal:  manifest hope through my confidence, optimism, enthusiasm and patient perseverance. 


I know it is easier said than done but thankfully I have my Heavenly Father and Savior by my side every step of the way. 


I am so grateful for the prophets and apostles on the earth today and their words of encouragement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment