Sunday, July 1, 2012

Quite Possibly One of the Most Special Weekends/Weeks Ever

**Just noticed this post was never published. But it occurred back in February

You know those moments that remind you how blessed you are? Pretty sure I had about 50 of those moments in the past 5 days. And of course I am going to share them with you.

Friday: Fun day with the kiddos. We had a mountain man/pioneer rendezvous. I learned how to play cats cradle and then teach it to those adorable little fourth graders. After school I was able to head up to my parents for the night. I got to go swimming with my fun/crazy/cute nephews!! They make me smile :)

Saturday: My nephews Crew and Jakson were sealed to their parents and sister. Although I wasn't able to be there I know how special and amazing it had to have been. Afterwards they were able to give Crew a baby blessing and then we enjoyed a delicious meal. Then celebrate my other nephew, Coen's, first birthday. That little boy is a gem! We made it back up to my parents eventually where we relaxed and got to spend time with each other.  Then some of us girls made our way to see THE VOW...got to love me some Channing Tatum. And that yummy popcorn and pretzel m&ms.

Sunday: SLEPT IN!!!! The best feeling ever. Seriously. Then went to church to see my other sister's baby girl be blessed. Yeah you read that right. Two baby blessings in one weekend plus a sealing. I am so grateful for my family and the opportunity we have to be together forever. That night I got to spend more time with my California nephews. Played some pictionary, hide and seek, down by the banks, and worked on my fighting (more like protection) skills.

Monday: I found out that I get to student teach in a second grade class in about a week and a half. I cannot wait. I was hoping to see what it is like to teach second. Also I received a letter in the mail from my best friend Brittani! I totally miss that girl. The great thing about her is she is one of those people  that you could go months without talking to and the minute you do again it's like no time past at all. I just love that girl. She amazes me. I also got an email from my friend who is on his mission. It was great to hear from him again. Now I have four people to write letters to and I am the worst at it. The worst.

Tuesday. It's Valentine's Day!!! Had fun at school watching all the kids get excited for their party and pass out treats. Also joined them in a little jump rope and basketball at recess. No big deal. :) Now, as usual, I am procrastinating planning, grading and bed time. Typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment