Monday, December 26, 2011

Can you say Merry Christmas?!

Mama had a freaking amazing Christmas this year! Like over the top awesome. Here are the reasons why:
1. Got to spend Christmas Eve and all of Christmas morning with family. Wish it could have been all my siblings but I take what I can get :)
2.I got to celebrate my Savior's birth.
3. I GOT AN IPHONE 4!!! That was the out of nowhere, extremely, incredible present my parents got me. My mom said she was sick of me not being able to answer my phone when she calls (I have had a super ghetto phone the last 4 months).
4. I had to work which was actually not bad. It was pretty slow which was refreshing for a Christmas. And I had girl talk with Celestial and our other Coworker Chrys. It was a lot of fun.
5. I was reminded of how I have been blessed with some great friends. You know who you are :)
6. It was Dusty's first Christmas. He got an orange :)
7. Mama got some new boots! I love boots and I love the ones I got.
8. Got me some make-up to look sexy hahaha
9. Got new work pants, that actually fit and are LONG!!!! And cute tops to go with
10. I got books!! I love books :) And they are actually adult books. Can't wait.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and got to spend time with your family and friends. I am so blessed and am truly grateful for everything I have in my life. I'll just end with one of those melt your heart moments...

I was at work. Yes, I'm sorry, work is kind of my life so most of my stories come from that....anyways. I was at work and one of our regulars came in who we all call Buddy. Everyone knows him and we all love him. Buddy has a disability, what exactly I'm not sure, but he is very friendly and always talks to other customers as he is waiting in line or hanging out in the concessions stand. Well today he was waiting on the bench in our lobby for a friend and he sat down by a teenager and two younger boys. Buddy pulled out a Christmas card he got and was showing it to the teenager and the other boys. And it made my day because they all had big smiles on their faces as they talked to him. The teen proceeded to talk back and forth with Buddy and at one point they were comparing phones at what not. I probably sound like a creeper because I was watching a lot but I just love when I see others who are so expecting of those around them. It may be stereotypical but I did not expect the teen to react the way he did. He was just so sincere and happy that it melted my heart. With that I'll say here's hope to our future. Remember to smile and be friendly to those you meet. You never know whose day or life you'll change.

No comments:

Post a Comment